NN Header

Sunday 24 January 2016

Poem: Dreamers' Catch


She touched the base of my neck, 
Asked if I never slept a wink, and, 
"You have dreams every night." 
I do, and I replied her that, 
Adding, "Doesnt everyone dream?" 

"Yes, but not every night," she said; 
And went on to diagnose me deeper; 
Searching for the roots of the issues, 
That plaque the sweetest of slumber, 
From pillows to Morpheus' cold arms. 

But I need my dreams, even if they 
Turn out to be the darkest nightmares; 
No dreamcatchers could ever rob, 
Me of these feelings bringing me alive, 
Sometimes showing me the future. 

I shall keep my dreams, close to me, 
The meanings and the signs I get, 
Even if it means nightly rendezvous, 
Oh come to me, come and speak to me, 
Open my eyes to what eventually dawns.

Copyright  © thearcticstar 2016. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment