NN Header

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Chilling Out at The Wine Connection @ Robertson Quay


Tapas Bar & Bistro
11 Unity Street #01-19 / 20 Robertson Walk, Singapore 237995
Tel: 6235 5466


Having visited The Wine Connection Bistro (review here) and enjoying my dining experience there, I was glad that buddy *Gareth suggested The Wine Connection Tapas Bar when we were due for a chillout cum catching up session.


We shared some light bites between us, starting from the Cheese and Ham Platter.  There were crispy grained toasts, 2 cheeses and 3 types of ham on the platter, with some vegetables and pickles. I am pretty sure one of the cheese was brie, though I could not be too sure about the other one. Overall, it was still an enjoyable platter of nibbles to go along with our wines.


Next, Lamb Kofta, which held a totally tasty taste of lamb and spices, well-grilled with hints of smokiness to the aroma; the minced lamb was tender and juicy, not hard at all. It was utterly delicious.


Finally, Calamari - always my undoing and weakness. The large squid rings were battered lightly on the exterior, to give it a good crisp before the teeth connected with the chewy, soft squid flesh within. I am always grateful for thin layers of battering - it is the only way you could truly taste the sotong and not be overwhelmed by a thick layer of greasy battering.





Drinks-wise, I started with a glass of Rosé Wine from Provence, France and then switched to a glass of Bordeaux during the chilling out session, enjoying the mild sweetness of my first drink and then the slightly heavier-bodied Bordeaux's smokier charm.  *Gareth started with Champagne followed by a glass of white wine thereafter.

Overall, I really enjoyed the ambience, food and wine at The Wine Connection, and would be back for more. It boosts of a quiet atmosphere for catching up, and the waiters only come over efficiently - just nice to clear plates or take more orders, but not intrusive.  The prices are very reasonable as well - I cannot remember the exact price for each item, but *Gareth and I spent SGD$68.00 in total for both of us.








No comments:

Post a Comment