NN Header

Monday 20 October 2014

Chillout at Wheelers' Yard Cafe (revisit)


28 Lorong Ampas, Singapore 328781
Tel: 6254 9128


Having been to Wheelers' Yard for brunch, tonight I decide to bring the Beau here for drinks. It was a pity we were still full from dinner - if not, I really enjoyed their desserts. Read about my previous brunch visit here.


Anyway, we decided to sit outdoors. I noticed there has been a revamp since my last visit about a month ago - the tables were replaced by some couches, vintage furniture and strange fixtures.


Nonetheless, we picked a seat and got comfortable. Since we were not eating, the lack of tables did not really faze us. Good music and friendly service were still unchanged, mercifully.


I had a glass of Merlot (SGD$10.00) - the price was really cheap, and there was no service charge. This was Queen's Bay from Chile.


So I had another glass of Merlot (SGD$14.00) - and this one went down the throat easier. This was Wild Rock from New Zealand.


The Beau had an Iced Mocha (SGD$7.00), since he was driving. I took a couple of sips - even though there was no visible chocolate / hot fudge sauce in the drink itself, the chocolate flavor was distinctive and the drink was lovely.


The bicycles and scooters on display are not just for display - patrons can ride around the vicinity in them (or purchase, I believe?).

Overall, it was a fun-loving and relaxing place for hanging out at or simply kicking one's heels back. It was a weekend, and there were a lot of young people as well as families and businessmen types all having fun here laughing, drinking and eating; it was a casual but happy environment . I will definitely be back to try more of their desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment