NN Header

Saturday 8 March 2014

Lunch at Paradise Inn @ City Square Mall


During my posting on Paradise Dynasty, I made a brief mention of my experience at Paradise Inn, but there were no photos or writeup for it. Today, I set the lunch vennue with good buddy *Sheldon there, so that I could satiate my craving for the Salted egg prawns, and also write about this place. 



There are many outlets of Paradise Inn, and we selected the branch at City Square Mall - 180 Kitchener Road #B1-01 / 02 City Square Mall, Singapore 208539 and the number is 6509 9337. While the decor is not as lavish or elegant as Paradise Dynasty @ Ion, of course, Paradise Inn still provides a tastefully-designed Oriental ambience for its diners. I liked the tiny golden teapot for our Chinese Tea.





The first dish that was served was our Seafood Fried Rice - a platter of delicious, egg-fried rice tossed generously with ingredients such as prawns, fish cake chunks, crabmeat, spring onions and roe. The taste was light, but redolent of the seafood's savoury flavor, and the texture is a nice softness that comes with a "mouth feeling".



Next, the Crisp Fried Crystal Prawns with Salted Egg - something I had been craving for a long, long while but am not sure why today it did not taste as nice as per my recollection. Anyway, here the prawns are succulent, springy in texture and fresh. The skin is crispy in texture, as the name implies, and the salted egg paste adds a sandy-ness to it that is both tasty and felt good on the tongue, like gold dust filling the mouth. Today, though, I thought that the paste was a tad salty?



Now, we had the Steamed Chicken with Ginger coming up - tender chicken cooked in a savoury, tasty gravy of ginger, spring onions etc to give it a flavorful burst. The chicken was tender but I was disturbed by the bones - I thought I ordered the "boneless" selection? Nonetheless, the dish is worth a short, especially for anyone who enjoys soft, steamed chicken with a light but flavorful overture.



Lastly, every nurtritious meal should be balanced with a serving or two of vegetables. So here we had the Sambal Kangkong (also known as water spinach or ipomoea aquatica) that was not spicy at all, but gnetly stir-fried with shallots and chilli to give it a gently spicy tone. The crunchy juiciness of the vegetables was a lovely contrast to all the meat we had been feasting on.

At the end of the lovely catching up lunch, we spent SGD$32.00 each - not bad for a very full meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment