NN Header

Saturday 23 November 2013

Breakfast at Crossroads Cafe, Marriott Hotel

A close colleague and I were supposed to be attending a day-long training, but we decided to just sign in and then skip the rest of the training.

Hence, we popped by to the nearby Marriott Hotel for breakfast / brunch at their Crossroads Cafe. It was a nice, cosy-looking place with authentic alfresco lounge complete with ceiling fans. I had always wanted to chill here. The address is 320 Orchard Road, Singapore 238865. If you would like to make reservations or have queries, do dial 6831 4605.


See the comfortable setting of this cafe? Unpretentious, yet classy, and totally European. I always passed by and saw scores of tourists having meals or drinks here, all looking completely at home despite the hot weather in this non-air conditioned area.




We were ushered to one of these tables. It was a weekday morning therefore there weren't many diners / patrons. We looked through the menus, eager to order. I asked my colleague to feel free to order; as it would also be his birthday treat from me.

There are not a lot of breakfast sets to choose from; but one could have a wide assortment of add-ons or separate, ala carte orders. I preferred to have a set. They also have a breakfast buffet selection, for those who do not want ala carte or set breakfasts.



I ordered their Good Start set - which consists of Oatmeal, cold cereal or house‐made granola with fresh berries or bananas,  skim milk, choice of toast, bagel or muffin. Includes juices, and coffee or tea. I had selected oatmeal, cold cereal, skim milk, muffin, orange juice and a coffee.

Pardon me for not having taken photos  before the digging-in commenced, but here is a shot of the oatmeal (I put the raisins in myself) and coffee. It was very tasty overall, and I felt healthy because of the contents of my huge, nutritious breakfast. I love hotel breakfasts -  some buffets are nice, but it is the brunch sets that often makes me feel that it is a power breakfast. My breakfast is priced at SGD$22.00.


My buddy chose The Marriott Breakfast, which consists of Two free range egg in any style, hash browns, vine tomato, baked beans,  Choice of bacon, chicken sausage or pork sausage. Choice of toast, bagel or muffin. Includes juices, and coffee or tea. His breakfast set is priced at SGD$26.00.

His is a typical hearty Big Breakfast style, and according to him, tasted very delicious as well.

We sat and slowly plowed through breakfast in a relaxed, chatty manner. This has to be one of the best outdoor breakfasts I have ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment