NN Header

Friday 22 May 2020

Chilling Out at Harry's Bar @ Novena Square (Revisit)


238 Thomson Road #01-59 / 60 Novena Square, Singapore 307683
Tel: 6478 3011





No stranger to Harry's Bar for sure, having visited their outlets from Dempsey to Harbourfront to Esplanade. They provide a really good, unpretentious ambience for chilling out and rather quality bar grub.




This time round, I returned to the branch at Novena Square, an outlet that has been around for as long as I could remember. Service has gone down a few notches it seems - no serviettes were issued even though my dish did not come with cutlery, they cleared my water glass when it was empty instead of refilling it, and they keyed in the wrong bill (it was afternoon time so hardly busy; merely about 3 tables in all).




A big portion of Amigos Nachos (SGD$18.00) kept us busy. Crackling corn chips drizzled with cheese sauce, sliced olives and green chili; served with diluted Chili Beef dip and Guacamole dip on the side. One can't really complain about a dish such as Nachos because it hardly goes wrong.



Missing their Frozen Daiquiri, I tried to request for the same but was informed they no longer serve it. So I settled for their Hemingway Daiquiri (SGD$16.00) - a rather lovely concoction of Rum, Aperol, Grapefruit and Lime.

Overall experience was pretty all right, really. Harry's Bar is still good old Harry's Bar after all - hate it or love it, I have a feeling I'll still be back somehow.






No comments:

Post a Comment