NN Header

Tuesday 28 April 2020

Seafood Bak Kut Teh @ Old Street Bak Kut Teh



3 Jurong Gateway #B1-25 Westgate Building, Singapore 068532
Tel: 6438 8866



Old Street Bak Kut Teh has many stores in Singapore (as well as Malaysia and Indonesia), and I usually passed them by, thinking that it was enough that I had my own favourite Bak Kut Teh stalls that I would frequent.



Well, to share a little about them- a local Singaporean brand that started in 2010,  with an interesting concept of serving Bak Kut Teh (a traditional pork ribs soup), You Tiao (fried doughstick) and Soy Milk. Besides the traditional soupy Bak Kut Teh, they also serve Dry Bak Kut Teh, Seafood Vermicelli, Seafood Porridge egg.



What caught my attention these days were the Claypot Frog Leg Bak Kut Teh ("tian ji") and Seafood Bak Kut Teh. I decided to pop in to try the latter.



The staff crew members were very warm and friendly at this outlet, especially this particular lady in her 50s (I think), who was very hospitable and cheerful. She seated me, pulled out the electronic tablet menu from a drawer under the table, and showed me how to place my order.



When my Seafood Bak Kut Teh (SGD$14.00 for small) came, it was in a squarish pot which the friendly service crew set on the electronic stove on my table. She pulled open another drawer under the other side of my table and got utensils for me - super modern concept for such traditional cuisine; I was impressed.

I dug into the peppery soup when it boiled, enjoying the blend of pork ribs and sweetness of fresh seafood in generous servings - crab parts, fresh succulent prawns, clams and a piece of pork rib of course.

The stove kept my soup piping hot throughout the meal, optimising my enjoyment. Peppery flavour was strong enough but not overpowering. Best of all, Seafood was fresh, albeit being a little hard to eat without using hands).

I was glad I stepped into Old Street Bak Kut Teh and had a good meal in vintage settings, and I can't wait to be back to try the Frog Leg Bak Kut Teh and perhaps their soy milk.


OTHER  BAK KUT TEH REVIEWS:
(i) Founder Bak Kut Teh
(ii)  Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh
(iii) Lian Peng Bak Kut Teh





1 comment:

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information haute her home lipsticks tips

    ReplyDelete