NN Header

Monday 5 November 2018

Dinner at Sembawang White Bee Hoon @ Sun Plaza [Takeaway]


30 Sembawang Drive, Sun Plaza, #03-12 Sun Plaza, Singapore 757713
Tel: 6483 1002



I am a fan of Chinese Zichar items (stir-fried), including those Seafood Hor Fun and Bee Hoon dishes. When Sembawang White Bee Hoon was all the rage (within my circle of friends, anyway), I refused to queue to try it, as usual.




After many months, I finally got to try the famous Signature White Bee Hoon (SGD$6.00 for small / SGD$10.00 for medium / SGD$15.00 for large), and understood what the fuss was all about.




Despite the fact that I chose to buy back to eat (with a 30-minute gap in between), the white Vermicelli (Bee Hoon) was moistened without being soggy. It was very palatable with hints of "wok-hei" (breath of wok), and laden with ingredients Such as shrimps, squid and eggs.



The Hor Fun (SGD$6.00 for small / SGD$10.00 for medium / SGD$15.00 for large) was laden with egg, seafood, thin pork slices and pooled in a palatable gravy. Not bad - in fact Mon Beau and a client of mine preferred this - but I was more partial toward the former.


The Mee Goreng (SGD$6.00) left much to be desired. Don't get me wrong - it noodles were smooth and the gravy had an interesting sweet-spicy taste, very much like chilli crab sauce. It would have been more fitting if they had called it "Chilli Crab Sauce Mee" instead, because our notion of Mee Goreng is the typically dry and spicy version.

Anyway, I am craving for my next plate of White Bee Hoon already, and can't wait to bring my family here to try as well.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work. 外賣到會

    ReplyDelete