NN Header

Thursday 9 June 2016

Poem: I Am Not The One




Forgive me, 
For being fire and ice, 
Running hot and cold, 
Through your veins; 
I have no choice, 
For there is nothing, 
I can offer to you, 
That does not belong, 
To someone else already - 

Not the pulsation of my heart, 
Not the nether fire burning, 
Not the empty soul so dark, 
Not the ears for your troubles, 
Maybe the mind, 
Where you could come alive, 
And belong to me alone, 
Play the games I desire, 
And leave whenever I choose. 

Forget me, 
For being smoke and mirrors, 
Trespassing through your life - 
You were never meant to be, 
My nemesis, audience, 
Or protector; you are a danger 
I have never learned to read, 
Till this very day, 
When I kiss our shadows goodbye. 


Copyright © 2016 thearcticstar



No comments:

Post a Comment