NN Header

Thursday 31 March 2016

Review on IPL and Micro-dermabrasion at Dr. Calvin Chan Aesthetic and Laser Clinic @ Wheelock Place

Photosource: http://www.drcalvinchan.com/about/about-the-clinic/



501 Orchcard Road #05-11 Wheelock Place, Singapore 238860
Tel: 6732 4981



As part of my pre-marital preparation, I decided to visit Dr. Calvin Chan Aesthetic & Laser Clinic at the strong recommendation of a friend. I set an appointment with the friendly doctor and made my way to the posh clinic filled with hospitable and amicable team of staff. By the way,  I just found out that he is a kind of celebrity doctor and used to give advice on radio stations and still does for fashion magazines.


After registration and filling of declaration form - the standard procedure, I was led to the consultation chamber with Dr. Calvin Chan - I found him to be very personable and easy-going. He asked what my current skin concerns were, and proposed various solutions to them. I really liked how he was non-pushy and did not just insist on the most expensive treatments like some other clinics - he would list down all related treatments as well as their results, and was very open to our considerations. Best of all, they do not charge consultation fees at all - not even if a patient walks in without using any of his services or purchasing any products - oh yes, they have a range of skincare and even makeup products on offer.


I liked the reasonable rates and proposed solutions, so decided to try out his Diamond-tome dermabrasion as well as IPL treatments.  I was then left in good care of Yvonne's hands who then guided me to the treatment room to put down my belongings and ran me through the procedures.






I was introduced to the various machines that would be used on my treatments later - namely, the diamondtome dermabrasion device studded with real diamond chips as well as the IPL machine. As I had makeup on, Yvonne proceeded to remove the makeup and did cleansing for me.  I also learned that the team of therapists here are trained to be able to conduct all types of treatments except for Laser - which would be administered by the good doctor himself.  That's a pretty talented team.


The "Photo room" or "Photo booth" happened next, a high tech machine where I laid my head on 3 different directions and a machine scanned my skin and highlighted the problem areas.




Back into the room, the Diamondtome (derma-abrasion) treatment began. The standard rate for a session of this is SGD$120.00, and it took only about 10 minutes in all; the fine smooth tips and suction against the face was gentle yet powerful. A mirror was handed to me to see the difference during half-time; after the session, Yvonne showed me the extracted skin cells and whatnot.


Derma-abrasion is an exfoliating treatment that improves skin texture and color by removing the topmost layer of skin to leave it more supple and vibrant as well as stimulating elastic tissue beneath the skin to result in a healthier and firmer appearance. Yes, my skin did feel firmer after the dermabrasion.



Moving on, the Ellipse I2PL (aka IPL) at SGD$300 per session, where a coat of cooling gel was applied to my face first.  My eyes were then covered because the light and heat from this device is strong, especially upon contact on the skin. This treatment took about 10 to 15 minutes as well.


IPL treatment is beneficial in many ways - wrinkles reduction, vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, age spots, acne problems as well as sun-damaged skin.  The skin did indeed feel tighter, smoother and appeared brighter after the session. Best of all, there wasnt really any downtime or redness!

I am excited to try more of the same or different sessions with this clinic and enjoyed the warm hospitality of the entire team. Thank you Dr. Chan!






No comments:

Post a Comment