NN Header

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Brunch at TWG @ Marina Bay Sands


2 Bayfront Avenue #B2-89 Marina Bay Sands, Singapore 018972
Tel: 6535 1837


Always one of my very favorite tea salons because of the posh ambience, soothing World music, good service and exquisite table / tea ware - on top of great selection of teas (more than 800!), food and snacks, I alternate between the outlets at Ion Orchard and Marina Bay Sands. Read my previous review here.


Easily distinguished by the waiters in black vests over white, long-sleeved shirts and branded belts, or golden / silver teapot jackets, TWG is the perfect abode for tea lovers. Besides chilling out here or catching up with friends, I also like their wide array of gift ideas like tea sets, teapots etc, macaroon sets etc.


While I miss the sandwiches with the french toast that we had some years back, I don't mind their current sandwiches as well. The afternoon set of finger sandwiches is at SGD$24.00 for 3 types of sandwiches, and we chose the Cucumber Mayo, Chicken Breast and Smoked Salmon ones. The crust is crispy, the bread is tender, and the ingredients are tasty.


The Macaroons (SGD$2.00 each) are lovely as well, with crispy but soft biscuit coating and rich tea-infused creams. This time, we had the Rose and Chocolate ones.




The Mini Teatime Set (SGD$35.00) consists of a tiny array of dainty food items such as Duck Rilllettes, Smoked Salmon Terrine, Rabbit Rillettes, Shrimp Canape, Tuna Rillettes and Petits Four set. Flavors, portions and textures of every item are beautifully orchestrated, so it was a very enjoyable balance of savoury and sweet items.


I also tried the Apricot Cod (SGD$28.00), one of my currently favoritest fish done right - tender yet bouncy in its freshness, made crispy by the sprinkling of seaweed / sesame atop the dish. The slightly-sour flavor of the apricot sauce was a lovely accompaniment; and the mashed potato by the side was divine.

Been back countless times, and will see myself continuing to return to try out different tea flavors and food here. I just love TWG (though I don't agree it is a little overpriced).












No comments:

Post a Comment