NN Header

Sunday 31 August 2014

Tea Break at Lobby Court @ Swissôtel The Stamford


2 Stamford Road, Lobby Level, Swisshotel the Stamford, Singapore 178882
Tel: 6338 8585


After a long day of helping out with a voluntary organisation, *Charmaine and I decided it was time for a little pampering and catching up, hence we headed to the nearby Lobby Court cafe lounge at Swisshotel the Stamford. I have enjoyed meals at the hotel's Prego Italian restaurant and Cafe Swiss before, and had drinks at New Asia Bar, and Jaan, so Swisshotel the Stamford is no stranger to me.


Lobby Court is a small but cosy, and tastefully decorated with plushy couches and lit pillars on polished wood panelled floors.  I always feel rather halcyon-ic when I am here in this quiet setting, whether for tea or drinks.


The first thing that caught  my eye was the desserts cabinet, as usual. I had a hard time deciding on what I wanted. I have never tried their pastries before.


I remember they serve TWG tea, so that was what we ordered for this cooling Saturday afternoon. I had a pot of Choco Mint Truffle tea (SGD$12.00) - a creamy and rich luscious tea with two of my favorite favors incorporated into a dessert tea.


*Charmaine had the White Knight tea (SGD$12.00), a light flavored white tea.


We both loved their Biscottis so much that we actually ordered more (SGD$2.00 for 3 pieces), because the crunchy, buttery cookies were just so tasty. It was the first time we both paid such attention to biscottis before, since usually they were just accompaniments to a hot drink.


She had the Pie of the Day (SGD$9.00) - a puff pastry consisting of chicken and a side salad. The puff pastry was deliciously flakey, filled with minced chicken. It was served lukewarm initially, then we had it reheated and it tasted better.


I had a slice of Raspberry Pistachio cake (SGD$8.90) - chosen amongst three choices. The cake came with a crunchy tart texture, and was richly infused with a nutty and chocolately deliciousness; the texture was a little hard on the outside but tender within, hence balancing the tart to a perfection. The raspberry cream and pistachio combination was brilliant - imagine flavors burst of sour sweetness amongst the more steady base of nuts and chocolate. We both agreed that this dessert was a brilliant choice.

It was a great afternoon well spent lounging on their comfort seats, people watching, enjoying good pastries with quality teas, and catching up on the endless stories we have to share / gossip about.

No comments:

Post a Comment