NN Header

Thursday 7 August 2014

Review: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II's most popular product, Facial Treatment Essence, more commonly known as "Miracle Water", has been a must-have routine for me since my first affair with it. An ex-colleague introduced us to it, and I was stuck since then.



Formulated with about 90% Pitera which is its main ingredient, SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence gently exfoliates the skin on a daily basis, aiding skin renewal on a daily basis and keeping the skin feeling hydrated and refreshed.


It's only flaw is that it is rather pricey upon purchase (SGD$230.00 for 215ml over the counter), but it can last between 6 - 12 months, so if you divide out by the months,  it is really worth it. Also, when one first uses it, the distinct smell of the rice water might be a little too overwhelming - a strong musky odor that one chooses to regard as the scent of goodness over time.


At counters, the beauty consultants often advise that the correct way of application is to pour many droplets of this precious water onto a cotton pad, and then pad over face repeatedly, about 100 times in all, for better absorption into the skin.



I don't do that though, because it seems a waste of the precious Skin Treatment Essence. I pour tiny droplets onto my fingers and rub gently onto face, then gently slap the essence onto my skin. I repeat this once if need be, each time counting to 100 as well. This is to be used daytime and nighttime.


Over the years, my face does feel more hydrated and skin looks renewed / radiant. So this is an important product to start with as part of a good skin regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment