NN Header

Sunday 24 August 2014

Drinks at The Screening Room / La Terraza Rooftop Bar @ Ann Siang Hill


12 Ann Siang Road, Singapore 069692
Tel: 6221 2194


Having passed by The Screening Room  so many times, and yet I still didn't know how interesting it could be. There's a restaurant, a pub, a movie theater all in one, featuring movies by Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and other classics such as "Casablanca". French movies are also available, so one just needs to get a drink and immerse themselves in the shows.


That night, we didn't get to watch any flicks because that area was reserved for an event, hence we went up to the roof-top bar, La Terraza. So, no "food meets film" experience for me as yet (except if you count Golden Village's Gold Class theaters).


I was kind of hesitant at first, when I saw this kind of steps, and I was in high heels. But eventually, I managed to teether my way up.


The rooftop bar area was not big, and it was filled with merry drinkers chilling out on this cool evening - drinks, music and the tantalizing smells of hot food filled the air.


Tiny colored lights are strewn around the place, giving it a festive sheen of light, yet dimmed to a romantic and mysterious ambience.



We had beers by the breeze. Well, I seldom take beer, really, but since I was having sore throat and beer is known to be "cooling", I took it. This is a lovely place, and I wouldn't mind heading back to try its palatable-looking food as well as catch some old movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment