NN Header

Friday 15 May 2020

Dinner at London Fat Duck Restaurant @ City Hall [Takeaway]


252 North Bridge Road, #B1-76 Raffles City Shopping Centre, Singapore 179103
Tel: 6333 5580



I've heard a lot about London Fat Duck and how its described as "the Wagyu of duck", superbly delicious, but the long queues during the restaurant's initial opening kept me from visiting. But I am definitely a fan of Roast Duck.

The long queues have since ceased, so I decided to buy a half portion of the London Fat Duck (SGD$26.00 for half / SGD$48.80 for whole) to try, when I attended a Pot-Luck Yacht Event.



The skin was still somewhat crispy, and the flesh was so tender and juicy, I was hooked. The duck tasted good on it's own, but if you douse their signature house-made dark sauce over it, the flavour becomes nearly divine. Plus point, I like how the sauce comes with a cap so we could keep it for future use!



Since then I have bought from them 3 more times, taking away to let various family groups try. Everyone agreed that the duck is different, and very delectable.



I also tried their Roast Pork Belly (SGD$12.00) -  a little softer than I expected, but that's perhaps because I got take-aways for it too.




Their Salted Egg Fish Skin (SGD$8.00) is to die for as well, richly coated with salted egg sauce and spicy enough to give a kick.

I will still be buying more duck soon, and their Duck Bak Kwa (roast meat) seems tempting as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment