NN Header

Friday 1 May 2020

Dinner at Kyoaji (京味) Dining Japanese Restaurant [Revisit]


176 Orchard Road #04-17 / 18 The Centrepoint, Singapore 238844
Tel: 6694 4068 / 6694 3058

Loving their food and service for years since they were under another name (review here and here), I decided to revisit because cravings tugged. I really love how they keep their prices reasonable all these years - in fact, some items still have the same price as a few years back.






Started with the Sashimi and Tempura Set Dinner (SGD$30.00), giving me the best both worlds with my favourite raw seafood items (salmon, tuna and shrimp) as well as crispy-textured battered prawns and vegetables. On top of that, the set also came with a bowl of Japanese rice (I did not want it), a tasty fresh Salad with corn and lettuce, as well as Miso Soup.



In lieu of rice, I ordered their Hot Fish Noodles (SGD$13.00) - bouncy, tasty noodles made of fish paste, served in a flavourful dark-colored broth, perfect for the cold evening weather.



Not enough! I also ordered their Cold Fish Noodles (SGD$13.00) served on a bed of ice - bouncy too, its naturally sweet flavour was more prominent here, not obliterated by broth or anything like the one above, and still every bit as delicious.

I really love their Fish Noodles, and could probably indulge in nothing but servings and servings of them!



Also had some interesting Marina Espumante Rosado Spanish Sparkling Red Wine (SGD$20.00) to pair the meal with - a lady's drink for sure, for it was sweet, smooth and easy on the palate.

Overall, I enjoyed my meal here at Kyoaji Dining very much once again - ambience was still subtly elegant and cosy as I remembered, and service crew so hospitable and friendly. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment