NN Header

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Review on Rejuran Healer (婴儿针) at EHA Clinic @ Orchard


1 Scotts Road #15-01 Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208
Tel: 6235 3325


My close friends all know that I battled acne during my teenage years; and then in my adult years, I waged wars on my acne scars. From super thick coverage makeup to chemical peel to MTS Subsicion, I see some results but nothing that made me go "wow".



Recently,  I learned about Rejuran Healer, also may be known as PDRN Therapy, PN Fillers, Miracle Healer Injection or 婴儿针 (Baby Skin Injection). What exactly is Rejuran Healer, and how does it help the skin?

To put it simply, it is the injection of PN and PDRN into our skin. Polynucleotide (PN) is a biocompatible substance, also known as DNA fragments, and it is injected into the skin to boost hydration, stimulate collagen growth, counter ageing effects, and heal the skin effectively. PN is a long chain of nucleotides, and PDRN (Polydeoxyribonucleutides) is a subtype of PN; in Rejuran treatment, both PN and PDRN are present. Salmon DNA is used because it is found to have the most compatibility with human DNA, and it is heat-resistant and safe to use.



There are 3 types of Rejuran treatments namely Rejuran Healer (for full face rejuvenation), Rejuran-S for acne scars treatment, and Rejuran-I for under eye treatment.  Some doctors will add skin boosters to help speed up healing process as well as provide optimal results with such a combination. Treatment comprises 3-4 sessions done 4 weeks apart, followed by maintenance done every 6 or 12 months, thereafter. One can expect minimal discomfort or downtime with this non-invasive treatment. Prices vary but it is safe to say that per session ranges between SGD$480 to SGD$1,000 per Rejuran treatment (2ml), depending on which doctors or aesthetic clinics you choose to visit.




I chose to do mine with the talented Dr. Elias Tam of EHA Clinic, Shaw Centre. When I reached his clinic, his team of friendly girls attended to me - form filling, bringing out hot chrysanthemum tea and preparing my face for the injection. I underwent a consultation session with Dr. Elias Tam, who gave me some advice on after-care tips.



Then I proceeded to the treatment room where his girls helped remove my makeup and apply numbing cream to my face. Less than half an hour later, treatment commenced. Dr. Elias Tam himself administered the Rejuran injections. We started with half the face first. I could feel mild prickling sensation but the discomfort was minimal; there was a very faint "fishy" smell because of the salmon DNA, but I was fine with it (just in case some of you didn't know what to expect).




There was a little bleeding, especially for the deeper scars where Dr. Elias Tam worked harder on, to let the PN / PDRN penetrate better. My face was cleaned up after the 25-minutes treatment, and I was put under a Light Treatment to let skin calm down. I think I fell asleep during this 15 - 20 minutes period.



Immediately after the treatment, my face was filled with rows of small 3D circular bumps, looking kind of ugly (you might even get goosebumps). The bumps subsided within the day mercifully (I walked around with sunglasses), and over the next few days, there was some redness. Light minerals makeup is recommended if you need to put makeup the day after the treatment. Skin smoothed out and felt plumper.



Overall, I like Rejuran Healer, and cannot wait for the next shot. If you have cause to worry that you might be allergic to seafood / salmon, do ask for a patch test before the treatment, just to test your body's reaction. Thank you Dr. Elias Tam  and team for taking care of my skin, and for the opportunity to try this new form of treatment in the market!



















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this informative blog with us. if you are in Malaysia and want to get rejuran healer treatment, so contact us to book your appointment.

    ReplyDelete