NN Header

Saturday 3 March 2018

Review on Evita (Musical) @ Marina Bay Sands



10 Bayfront Avenue, #B1/F, The Shoppes @ Marina Bay Sands  Singapore 018956
Tel: 6688 8826
Period:  23 February 2018 - 18 March 2018
Duration: 140 minutes (including 20 minutes'  intermission)
Ticket Prices: SGD$55 / SGD$75 / SGD$95 / SGD$125 / SGD$155 / SGD$185




Those who are familiar with Madonna's famous songs "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and "You Must Love Me" from the movie "Evita" would be excited when the musical was coming to Singapore.


Photo Source: http://www.marinabaysands.com/entertainment/shows/evita.html


Well, I was. When I heard news of this original Broadway and West End production with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, I booked my ticket immediately.




To share a little on Evita's synosis, it outlines the life story of Eva Peron, 2nd wife of Argentina President Peron. Her rise from poverty to fame, her involvement in political matters and the charity work contributions. There were oppositions and speculations.




Sadly, she died at age 33 from cancer. Overall, I found that the performance was an exciting plethora of touching funeral scenes, militia acts and sizzling romance, coupled with beautiful songs. However I did not feel the same connection or immersion into the scenes as I did for previous plays watched.








No comments:

Post a Comment