NN Header

Sunday 19 March 2017

Lunch at Dragon Bowl (龍碗)at Aperia Mall @ Lavender


12 Kallang Avenue #02-09 Aperia Mall, Singapore 339511
Tel: 6702 1588


What a catchy name - Dragon Bowl, and it has a lovely Oriental interior decor as well. I stumbled upon it after an appointment at Aperia Tower, and was craving for some hot Asian soup.



Dragon Bowl is a restaurant with outlets at Aperia Mall, Marina Square and Greenvich V (Seletar), helmed by Chef Leong and serving up contemporary Cantonese dishes. Menu comprises of a good variety of dimsum items, seafood dishes and staples etc.

The scenic decor makes one feel comfortable, and service level was impeccable with attentive, polite staff who were efficient without being intrusive.



I stuck to my soup craving, starting with a Soup of the Day (SGD$6.80). I got a small ceramic pot of boiled pickled vegetable (大頭菜?) with pork soup, very flavorful and tasty with tender pork.



A plate of Braised Brinjal (SGD$10.80) followed, replacing the conventional rice for pairing with soup. I enjoyed the soft brinjal flavoured with the palatable black sauce it was drenched in. The black sauce contained little pieces of garlic, fresh chili, minced meat and mushroom, so you can imagine how delicious it was.



Pot of Chrysanthemum Tea accompanied me before, throughout and after the meal, soothing and quenching my thirst. It was a pretty huge pot, I think I had about 4 cupfuls.

Definitely a place worth returning for, because of the quality food at reasonable pricing and excellent service.








No comments:

Post a Comment