NN Header

Thursday 9 June 2016

Poem: Raw Edge





I know I shouldn't be touching, 
These sheafs right now, 
Because they are torching, 
Blazing with the pain of hatred; 
The grace has been blown apart, 
Overnight. 

I know I shouldn't be crying, 
These tears right now, 
They are the results of senseless 
Outbursts that's too late to dodge; 
Did I ignite these flames, 
Raw edge. 

When it comes to turning the back, 
There should be no looking behind. 

I know I shouldn't be feeling, 
The way I do right now. 
Because farewells are not novel, 
You could've said goodbye first, 
Before my crimson lips, 
Even uttered it. 

I know it is unthinkable, 
That even as I walk away from this mess, 
You, I so do miss, 
From the first coffee cup, 
To the final hug, 
They pierce. 

When it comes to turning the back, 
There should only be looking ahead. 

Copyright © 2016 thearcticstar





No comments:

Post a Comment