NN Header

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Afternoon Tea at Tian Kee & Co Cafe @ Dakota Crescent (Revisit)


12 Dakota Crescent #01-48 Singapore 390012
Tel: 6344 8527
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/tiankeedakotacrescent


After a year of craving, I finally managed to find time to return to Tian Kee & Co, and that's only because I had an appointment nearby. I was fearing a crowd even though it was around 4.00pm in the afternoon, but I was surprised to see only one sole customer in the cafe on a Wednesday afternoon.


This was very sad because the last time I was here on a weekday afternoon, this quiet, hidden little cafe was bustling with customers; some even had to sit outside. Ok, never mind, at least I had some peace with which to do my business writing with. For review on my previous visit, click here.





For drinks, I tried the Nuts About U (SGD$7.00) this time round - nutella and espresso ice cubes with fresh milk. It was really interesting and came in 2 separate cups - one containing the concoction of thick, gooey Nutella with mocha ice cubes, and another metal mug containing fresh steamed milk. I poured the milk into the other cup, and had myself a nice lukewarm cup of Mocha. I had to keep stirring the bottom to keep the nutella from congealing at the bottom, but the chocolatey flavour was oh so rich.



Then I had a slice of my craved Rainbow Yogurt Cake (SGD$7.50), looking as pretty as ever, in flowing pastel hues. Flavour was consistently good, and texture was wobbly, creamy, smooth as I remembered. I hope they would still sell this cake sometime, somewhere, somehow, even after the cafe is gone.


Ahh, yes, Tian Kee & Co will be closing their doors at the end of 2016 so pop by to try their interesting beverages and cakes if you'd like. Just come out from Exit A of Mountbatten MRT and go past the tranquil blocks of flats, you'll find them at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment