NN Header

Monday 24 November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving 2014


It is the that time of the year again - the time for counting of blessings and giving thanks.

Thanksgiving Day (or Thanksgiving Thursday) is a day for giving thanks for harvest, a special day for families to gather together for a feast in honor of the same. Thanks for bountiful harvest and good tidings is given to the Creator / Gods and Goddesses, though in modern times people give thanks to everyone around their lives who have brought about goodness.

A little bit of history, in the past the traditional American way of celebrating Thanksgiving was through feasting and merry-making; whereas in Europe, it was a more solemn affair that involved prayers, feasting and sport (recreation). Today's National Thanksgiving comprises of a blend of two traditions - prayers, feasting and merry-making.

The classic Thanksgiving meal consists of turkey, cranberries, pumpkin pie and other locally grown food, to celebrate the success of their own harvests.

Photosource: http://www.boston.com/community/pets/blogs/pet_chatter/2012/11/the_top_thanksgiving_foodsare.html


In Paganism, the equivalent of Thanksgiving would be the Mabon Lore Autumn Equinox, reaping the bountiful yield of harvests.

And as for me, I give thanks to Those who keep watch over me, keep me safe and give me blessings, be it Deities, angels or spirits of relations who'd passed on, whomever.

I give thanks for the suppportive, caring and lovely family members and kin, who have been here for us / me since the day that my existence was announced on Earth.

I gve thanks to The Beau, who has always been by my side no matter what happened, lending his support and love to keep me strong, confident and loved, despite my flaws & tantrums.

Then I thank the many good friends I have been blessed with over the years - friends from elementary school all the way till some ex-colleagues with whom the friendship is still strong, still being there for each other, and the care, companionship & encouragement which I am most grateful for.

I would also like to thank all the new friends and acquaintances I have made; including those I met at events or those who are reading my sites or supporting my businesses. Merci beaucoup, and may the friendship grow and blossom in time to come.

Last but not least, I thank the foes, the harm-bringers and the evil-doers too. I thank you for lessons learned, for making me stronger and more independent, for realising that there is nothing I cannot solve or overcome. Everything in life happens for a reason, and what doesn't kill us make us stronger indeed. Oh but also remember, I never leave any debt unpaid, good or bad, no matter how long it takes :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2014 TO ALL! STAY BLESSED IN ALL THAT YOU DO!









No comments:

Post a Comment