NN Header

Friday 10 October 2014

Lunch at Swiss-Bake Cafe @ International Plaza


10 Anson Road #01-38 International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Tel: 6410 9608


Swiss-bake is no stranger to me, from its delicious pastries to the healthy salad. What was new to me was the catching up with an old friend, *Jalpeth, the other day - and he suggested a healthy diet of Bircher Muesli.


I love muesli, hence I was intrigued. Furthermore, with the upcoming healthscreening over the weekend, I thought it would be good to eat something significantly healthier. So we met up at a branch near where our offices were, and since I was heading to the bank...  I deliberately ignored the shelf of cakes and tarts.


And while *Jalpeth grabbed two of the Swiss Bircher Muesli (SGD$4.90), I grabbed one. He started explaining the benefits of this very affordable and delicious food item - probiotics, antioxidants, etc etc, good for cleansing the system and fighting cancerous cells etc, over catching up.


I was happily enjoying my rolled oats, yogurt, chunks of fruits (grapes, berries, etc) all mixed into one hearty concoction, excellant in taste and texture collectively. It even made me feel healthier, more radiant after eating this healthy breakfast dish. And the best part was that it kept me full the whole day.


Not one to do without any form of liquid at all, I also had a Peach Cobbler Yogurt drink (SGD$6.90) -  it was an iced blended but melted readily in the mouth in soft waves of peachy dreaminess. The flavor was not too strong, and it was all right for me despite the fact that I am usually rather lactose intolerant.

Well, who would've thought that behind the palatable range of pastries and hot food, one could find such a homely recipe at Swiss-bake, a simple dish providing all the necessary nutrients and energy one needs for a full day ahead? I decided to make this my daily diet till my healthscreening is over, and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment