NN Header

Thursday 23 October 2014

Hair Services at Salon Vim @ Somerset 313


313 Orchard Road #04-07 / 08 / 09 Somerset 313, Singapore 238895
Tel: 6884 7757 / 6884 7767


I used to do my hair at the usual suspects - Kimage, Jantzen and more often than not, Reds Salons. Then I started hearing about friends and ex-colleagues talking about Salon Vim, and decided to give them a try.


It was time to do something about my long tresses. My hair grows really fast - let's see, at the beginning of the year I could cut it to chin-length, but by the end of the year my hair would be nearly to the waist! Not sure if it is a good or bad thing...


I booked an appointment for haircut with the director - they assigned Ms Jamie Seah to me. For director's hair cut for my hair - near waist length to the shoulder was about SGD$70.00. While Jamie is not the most friendly or chatty stylist around, she did her work with professionalism and quick efficiency, with rather good recommendations when I asked for opinions.


I believe the lady assisting her and doing my rebonding was Sue. Anyway, yes, I had the hair chopped to shoulder length, and the got it rebonded / straightened. "No soft rebonding" was my instructions - because soft rebonding was of no effect to my naturally straight hair. I wanted the good, old-fashioned rebonding - the straight, smooth kind that one could just wake up with and get out of the house in.


The usual beverages and crackers were offered, and I sat there browsing some issues of Cleo, Women's Weekly and Cosmopolitan magazines.  About three hours later, after a few washes and all, I could finally step out of the salon with my new shortened, straightened and sleek hair. I appreciated that they did not do any hard selling of more services or products. The rebonding cost SGD$250.00 for my hair length.

If you have a friend who is a member, you are entitled to 15% referral discount for first time visit. You can also join their membership with a deposit of SGD$50.00, which entitles you to 15% discount for all subsequent hair visits.  Overall, I rather enjoyed my experience at Salon Vim's.

1 comment:

  1. Professional and skilled hairstylist know which products should be used to make your hair look its best. Hairdresser will find a hairstyle which matches well with your face and personality and helps keep your look from becoming dated.

    ReplyDelete