NN Header

Saturday 24 February 2018

Review on Yunomori Onsen & Spa Experience @ Kallang Wave Mall


1 Stadium Place #02-17 / 18 Kallang Wave Mall, Singapore 397628
Tel: 6386 4126



Spa parlours are common in Singapore these days, as more and more people realize the health benefits of a good spa. Why then, was I so excited when Yunomori Onsen & Spa opened up at Kallang Wave Mall?



Yunomori Onsen & Spa is the only Japanese sento spa in Singapore, adhering to the concept of naked public baths (men and women have separate sections, of course). Ok that, and the health benefits of the different kinds of baths.




Occupying 2 spacious units at Kallang Wave Mall, Yunomori Onsen & Spa has many sections within its walls - public baths areas, shower areas, changing & locker areas, massage area and a cafe.



It was my first visit here so I was pretty lost, but thankfully the ladies at reception were very helpful. Oh by the way, besides onsen baths, there are also various types of massages or facials you could top up money to enjoy.



Upon entering Yunomori Onsen & Spa, one could see neat rows of shoe lockers first, indicating that no shoes are allowed beyond this point. So I deposited my heels into one of the lockers, grabbed the key and approached the reception counter. My key was then handed over to the receptionist who gave me a wrist scanner instead- that was for another locker to keep my valuables.

I proceeded in. The first hallway leads to the Cafe area, where I understand serve delicious Japanese meals a la Cafe Muji style.

Further up would be the main onsen spa areas - left to the women's side and right to the men's.



I went toward the left, where there was another counter placed with colorful Yukatas (Japanese robes). Another reception crew handed me one of the Yukatas with matching sash belt, a large towel, small towel and shower cap. She also explained the rules briefly.



I was in! Nude girls were strutting around, either going to or from the public baths area. If one is self-conscious or shy, there are black paper undergarments provided as well.

I scanned my wrist unit against my assigned locker and deposited my stuff inside. Then I grabbed my small towel (practically the only item allowed inside), took a quick shower, and entered the baths area.


Photo source: https://www.facebook.com/yunomorisingapore/

Photo source: https://www.facebook.com/yunomorisingapore/


There are a total of 5 pools, each therapeutic in its own way:
  1. Soda Bath (warm temperature; slight stinging sensation when going in because of the fizz), filled with carbon dioxide which is good for blood circulation etc
  2. Silk Bath (gently hot temperature; very smooth texture despite murky appearance), filled with micro-something that aids in improving skin buoyancy and cleansing
  3. Bubble Bath (gently hot temperature; fun to be in), reminds me of a cauldron but I am sure there are health / skin benefit elements too
  4. Cold Bath
  5. Jacuzzi Pool with jets of water massaging the body

And a Steam Room aka Sauna for us to sweat it all out. Do wash your body with wooden pails at the side of each bath pool before entering, for hygiene purpose.

Before and after the baths, do drink plenty of water to keep hydrated, especially if you are using the Steam Room. There is no time limit to the Day Pass (SGD$44.00) but an hour or 2 is more than enough to try all baths out, with rest time in between.


I headed for the Shower Area where each stall is divided not by doors, and there are stools to sit on while washing up. I thought the purpose was so that we wouldn't get tired standing to shower, but later learned that it is so as not to splash water at the person showering next to us. Be mindful of the edges because they are very sharp (don't graze your knees when standing up or leaning forward). Nice hair shampoo, hair conditioner and body wash are all provided for.




Finally, the Changing Area where our lockers are located. After showering, one can help themselves to the vanity bar where there are mirrors, hair dryers, hair rubber bands, tissues, disposable combs and body moisturiser.

I dressed up and returned my keys before checking out. I felt so refreshed and rejuvenated after this spa experience, and it might be my imagination- but my skin felt softer.  All in all, I enjoyed my Onsen Spa treat bery much.


No comments:

Post a Comment