NN Header

Sunday 3 December 2017

Race Day Finale Event @ Singapore Turf Club


1 Turf Club Avenue, Singapore Turf Club, Singapore 738078
Tel: 6879 1000




I was honoured to be invited for a private event at Singapore Turf Club - the Race Day Finale, where networkers and professional racehouse betters gather.  Honestly,  I didn't know what to expect other than my imagined racetrack image (as glimpsed on TV), so I wasn't expecting much.





When I got there, the place was massive, and divided into sections. The one sitting in "Boxes" aka function rooms were dressed beautifully in dresses and hats - that was where I was headed, "Owners' Lounge" on the fourth floor (someone sits in the elevator pressing buttons).






There were immaculately set-up tables, good food and free flow of Prosecco and Red Wine for our consumption. From the clear glass windows, we could watch the race going on in air-conditioned comfort, place our bets via a private betting station just right outside our function room, and watch the race close-up via huge TV screens situated within the room itself.




We were also led for a Tour of the premises, where we got up close and personal with the horses and the racetrack itself, taking photos, admiring the gorgeous horses, introduced ourselves to the riders and learning more about horse racing in Singapore generally.

Overall, it was a lovely experience and I was glad that I had chosen to attend this event. Thank you Joe and Cindy for the invite!


No comments:

Post a Comment