NN Header

Sunday 19 November 2017

Chilling Out at Discovery Pub @ Raffles Marina


10 Tuas West Drive, Singapore 638404
Tel: 6861 8000




Always a fan of marinas and piers, I would shamelessly scout hangouts at the same, such as Prive @ Keppel Bay and Bistro @ One Degree 15 Marina. It is no wonder that I would traverse the miles to the other end of Singapore, landing myself at Raffles Marina.




I don't know - there's just something about watching them yachts that touches a raw nerve in me, eliciting a sense of tranquility.




Anyway, as marinas go, Raffles Marina lacks the beauty and gloss of the other marinas - think dimmed walkways and somewhat peeling wall paint. They have the Clubhouse, pool and of course the docking area for a variety of stationary yachts. For dining, they have the waterfront Marina Bistro and Captain's Table as well as Discovery Pub.




I hung out at the latter, time enough to grab a drink and snack before an evening event. The interior was pretty nice actually - the usual bar counter with upturned wineglassee, stage podium for the live band (at night? Weekends?), dartboard, and I liked the dark red drapes.




Alfresco area drew me more- to be able to sit and watch the yachts as well as clear blue skies. The lawn tables and chairs strewn across the grass would have been incredibly romantic and picturesque save for the scorching weather.

Menu items consisted of mostly finger food or sandwiches, and of course an array of alcholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Service crew was friendly enough though they had the tendency of hiding in the cool comfortable of air-conditioned interior despite the patrons all sitting outdoors. Complimentary wi-fi is available, a bonus for those seeking a deserted place to get work done.





I had a Beef Satay - served beautifully with carefully chopped onions , cucumber cubes and rice cakes, with thick ground peanut gravy on the side. I liked it that the beef was lean and smokey in taste, but moistened.



A glass of Red Wine accompanied the snack, crazy choice for a hot weekday afternoon in alfresco seating. But I enjoyed it immensely.

That was all. Quiet serenity, satisfaction of finally visiting Raffles Marina and decent food items (unfair for me to comment furthrr since I only had the Satay).








No comments:

Post a Comment