NN Header

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Afternoon Tea at Tarte by Cheryl Koh @ Shaw Centre (Revisit)



1 Scotts Road #01-12 Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208
Tel: 6235 3225
Website: http://www.tarte.com.sg


Revisiting Tarte by Cheryl Koh is easy, especially when cherries season returns. My mouth naturally waters and I would crave for that tarty-sweet burst of juiciness against my tongue, parching me. I have already been there twice - check out here for review on Cherry Tart and Earl Grey Tart; check out here for review on Cherry Tart and Apricot Tart.


I returned for a pot of hot Mint Tea in the afternoon, while I did some work stuff over delicious fresh fruit tarts. The staff was professional and polite as ever, without being too perky.


The first selection this time was the Cherry Tart (SGD$8.00) - big surprise! I was glad that they have gotten rid of the coat of powdery sugar dust the last time round. The cherries bear their glossy sheen once more, and are sweet, juicy and unbearably satisfying. The crust was buttery and crunchy as ever, complementing perfectly.


The Yuzu Tart (SGD$8.00) was slightly lack-luster. While robust in flavour, with a strong zesty explosion in the palate, I found the yuzu curd to be too "moistened" for my liking; it was almost wet, and as a result caused the crust to be softened as well.

Nonetheless, I still love Cheryl's tarts and will continue to visit as long as cherry season comes around. I also appreciate the new flavours each time I revisit - keep it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment