NN Header

Sunday 8 January 2017

Poem: Dungeons of the Future




Can't take my eyes off, 
Your spell-binding pearl perfect smile; 
The expression in your dark eyes, 
Said things beyond what words would. 

Can't tear my eyes away, 
From the scene in front of me now; 
The bone-binding piercing pain, 
Painting the most surreal picture - 

Embedded in my mind, for a long time; 
The unimaginable becoming reality, 
You in her snow white arms, 
Entwined amongst crimson red silken drapes; 

It would have been easier watching, 
Your un-moving form in a catacomb; 
Lying cold, still and serene, 
But you'd be cradled against my bosom. 

Can't take my mind off this bad dream, 
Of the miles and years between us; 
The present needs to set me free, 
Release me into the dungeon of the future. 

Copyright © 2016 thearcticstar





No comments:

Post a Comment