NN Header

Thursday 9 June 2016

Poem: The Dreamcatcher




She touched the base of my neck,
Asked if I never slept a wink, and,
"You have dreams every night."
I do, and I replied her that,
Adding, "Doesnt everyone dream?"
"Yes, but not every night," she said;

And went on to diagnose me deeper;
Searching for the roots of the issues,
That plaque the sweetest of slumber,
From pillows to Morpheus' cold arms.
But I need my dreams, even if they
Turn out to be the darkest nightmares;

No dreamcatchers could ever rob,
Me of these feelings bringing me alive,
Sometimes showing me the future.
I shall keep my dreams, close to me,
The meanings and the signs I get,
Even if it means nightly rendezvous,

Oh come to me, come and speak to me,
Open my eyes to what eventually dawns.


Copyright © 2016 thearcticstar






No comments:

Post a Comment