NN Header

Sunday 13 March 2016

Afternoon Tea at L' éclair by Sarah Michelle Cafe @ Singapore Shopping Centre


190 Clemenceau Avenue #01-28 Singapore 239924
Tel: 6635 7909


Heard of L'éclair by Sarah Michelle for many good months, and being a lover of éclairs, I have always
been tempted to try this café out, but had never found the time to do so. When I'd first heard the name, I had thought that this was one of those celebrity cafes opened by Sarah Michelle Gellar, lol.  Today, opportunity arose as I was visiting a client in the same building.


Anyway, L'éclair by Sarah Michelle is the first éclairs cafe in Singapore, specializing in beautiful French desserts that inspired them and caught their hearts while they were in Paris. So now they bring a piece of Paris back to Singapore, bringing éclairs to us made of highest quality ingredients. Decor was chic, timeless and elegant, making for comfort and offering an expanse of view of the outside through floor-to-ceiling glass panels.




The service staff were all very friendly, and when I was there I had no clue what to get since everything seemed to reach out to me. Flavours included Salted Caramel,  Hazelnut Praline, 66% Dark Chocolate, Tahitian Vanilla Pecans, Black Sesame, Café, and Lemon Meringue etc. The prices range from SGD$7.50 to SGD$8.50 per pastry - there's no service charge or GST here.




The ordering is done over the counter and collection of éclairs was done that way as well. The white settings were so graceful and pretty I couldn't help snapping lots of photos. A small pot of Earl Grey Tea (SGD$5.50) accompanied my high tea session,


I had wanted just one éclair but could not resist ordering another one. All of them looked so pretty and desirable - if I didn't have dinner session at night I would've ordered more and skipped dinner entirely. It was around 5pm thereabout.



My first éclair was the Roasted Pistachio & Strawberries (SGD$8.00). The pastry puff itself was soft, carrying the weight of pistachio cream and bits as well as strawberries on top of it, giving it a very lovely combination of nutty sweetness, tart and crunch. The cream within was delicate and smooth, making for a
fabulous choice.



Next up, it was Ispahan (SGD$8.50) - comprising of rose, lychee and raspberry. The dark red petal was too pretty for me to resist. Look at the layers of lychee chantilly cream sitting so snugly between the rose-coated top and soft pastry bed. Raspberries were inserted between the cream, adding a refreshing tint of zest to the luscious, feminine flavours of this pink pastry - every bite was filled with the beautifully-orchestrated flavours of rose, lychee and raspberry. Needless to say, I was glad I chose this.

It was a very enjoyable experience here at L'éclair  and I will definitely find time to pop by again, to savour the rest of the interesting pastries. They have festive specials as well - what just ended was the Lunar New Year range, comprising of Bak Kwa Pork Floss, Pineapple Tart, etc exotic flavours.




No comments:

Post a Comment