NN Header

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Afternoon Tea at La Ristrettos Cafe @ Novena Medical Centre


10 Sinaran Drive #08-37 Novena Medical Centre, Singapore 307506
Tel: 6397 7165


Well, talking about hole-in-the-wall and hidden gems, we definitely have one here that fills the bill to a T. Amongst a severe medical block, nestled a cosy little cafe with lovely interior decor, overlooking into greenery from its full-glass window.


La Ristrettos Cafe operates office hours, including half day on Saturdays - one of the reasons I have yet to find time to drop by until today.  I had to visit this place, and since I was going for facial treatment in the same building, I decided to get out earlier and pop by here.


This quaint little cafe serves everything from brunch (SGD$11.00) to pastas to smoked salmon (SGD$14.00) to salads, desserts as well as tantalising range of beverages. The prices are very affordable, and the weekday afternoon crowd was rather healthy as well.


There is even alfresco seating if one prefers to chill out amongst the lush beauty of trees and plants. The weather forbade me to do so today so I settled for inside.



I had a Chai Tea Latte (SGD$6.00) which took longer than the other beverages - I watched people coming in after me all getting their drinks but not me.  Then comprehension dawned upon me when my drink arrived - it took a lot more effort to make this tea - not just one cup of Chai Latte on its own, like most places, mind you! It came with the filter and there were real Chai tea leaves after I sieved / dripped the drink - wonderfully smooth latte piquant with Chai's fragrant.


Then I also had a Pear Tart (SGD$8.00) to go along with it.  If one expects a slice of good old fruit tart, they are going to be mighty disappointed - because this is different, and fares much better. The crispy, puffy tart was big, round and light - it gives way easily to the knife's touch and crumbles into gorgeous golden flakes. In the mouth, this puff pastry was utterly delightful, further enhanced by the light taste of cinnamon dust over it. The fresh pear slices and vanilla ice-cream completed this dessert item, making for a way-above-average mid-afternoon tea-time companion.



No comments:

Post a Comment