NN Header

Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day Tea Break @ Hatter Street Bakehouse & Cafe (revisit)


Blk 212 Hougang Street 21, #01-333 Singapore 530212
Tel: 6988 4591


After my last visit here, I decided to head back for a Boxing Day gathering with *Katherine for their waffles. In the end, I came back twice in a day - the second time with *L and *J as well, shortly after I parted ways with *Katherine. This time, there was a slight difference with the addition of adorable Christmas decor, giving the cafe a festive vibe.


*Katherine had a coffee and I had a Raspberry Vanilla Latte (SGD$7.50) - sweet but not overly so, and thick, creamy with a fresh raspberry taste. While it was nice enough, I kept thinking there was a somewhat cough-mixture-ish flavor to this drink.


Nonetheless, the Vanilla Waffle with Salted Caramel Sauce (SGD$8.90) did not disappoint. *Katherine and I ordered one, and then when I was back here with *J and *L, we ordered the exact same waffle again.

The waffle was still crispy on the outside as ever, with the inside so good it melted in the mouth. The vanilla ice-cream was the "icing on the cake" literally, adding a touch of cold sweetness to the piping hot waffle. The salted caramel sauce was deliciously slathered around the waffle for flavor improvisation.


When I returned, *L and I both ordered hot teas (SGD$3.20 each). I had some Christmas tea, we three of us shared a Vanilla Waffle with Salted Caramel Sauce again. Actually, thinking in retrospect, we should have ordered the Chocolate or Pandan waffle this time round, just to try a different flavor.

Overall, it is a pretty little cafe with funky decor and delicious desserts - and though located under a HDB block, it does not lose out to any other cafe in town. A quirky enough cafe, but not to be confused with the Mad Hatter cafes in New York or UK.





No comments:

Post a Comment