NN Header

Thursday 27 November 2014

Review on Krispy Creme doughnuts @ Collyer Quay

16 Collyer Quay #01-11 / 12 Income @ Raffles, Singapore 049318
Website: http://krispykreme.sg
Facebook: https://www.google.com.sg/?gws_rd=ssl#q=krispy+kreme


I remember having tried Krispy Kreme doughnuts many years back, when *Feith brought them over from the States for me. It had been slightly crispy in texture, and delicious despite being a tad sweet.

When Krispy Creme first came to Tangs Orchard, Singapore - the queue was a killer and that deterred me from buying my much-missed doughnuts. Yesterday, chance presented itself in the form of a Krispy Kreme outlet at Raffles Place itself, and the queue was short (like, 2-3 people in line?), hence I made a beeline for it.


I chose half a dozen for the family (working out to about 2 doughnuts each), and paid a whooping SGD$17.00.  I was cheered at the sight of the Christmas editions - snowflake and snowman etc, and selected one of each - one with strawberry fillings within and the other, chocolate fillings. I also selected an Iced Chocolate, 2 original flavors and a Blueberry one. There were many other enticing flavors as well.

A little sweet, yes, but its once in a while's indulgence. The fillings were generous, oozing out of the doughnuts. The best thing was the doughnut itself - not too soft, with hints of crisp on its taut texture. It was a lovely feeling, to chew on these delicacies, and I was glad I managed to get them.

I will definitely be back to try more flavors.






No comments:

Post a Comment