NN Header

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Lunch at Ootoya Japanese Restaurant @ Changi City Point


5 Changi Business Park Central 1, #01-30 / 31,  Singapore 486038
Tel: 6366 1228


After my first visit to Ootoya @ Orchard Central a couple of years, I decided to try Ootoya @ Changi City Point, when my colleague and I headed for lunch the other day. Ootoya Japanese restaurant is known to serve authentic home-cooked Japanese food, and that sets it apart from the usual "don", "ramen", "sashimi" or "BBQ"  Japanese restaurants we often frequent.

After looking through the menu, I finally found what I wanted (or similar to what I wanted).


We had the Set Lunch, hence came with a Chawanmushi each - I loved the flavorful chawanmushi that came with 3 tiny oysters inside instead of the usual chicken or crabstick! Even my colleague mentioned that the chawanmushi should have been steamed in a quality stock. 


I had the Zousui (SGD17.50) - wild grain porridge cooked with oysters, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, lady-fingers, leeks etc, all cooked in soy milk! I added the side bowl of seaweed into it. A delicious dish with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavors.  I could get used to eating this everyday.


My colleague had the Sumi Buta Jyu set (SGD$23.50) - grilled pork rice set - my colleague said that while the taste was smokin' good, and pork was rather succulent, the overall texture was a little dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment